Country Roads of Umbria & Tuscany - Small Group, Preview 2022
Country Roads Of Umbria & Tuscany – Small Group, 2022
This magical journey devotes quality time to the medieval hill towns and evocative landscapes of Italy’s two most famous regions. Enjoy favorite recipes and classic wines as you meet with local people to hear their fascinating stories.
- Mt Subasio: Follow the evolution of the olive, from tree to table, with a tasting at a family-run olive mill.
- Rome: Welcome Dinner as you dine at your hotel’s restaurant, Unique al Palatino.
- San Gimignano: Ascend serpentine alleyways to the artisan gelato parlour of world champion gelato maestro, Sergio Dondoli for a taste of his finest frozen treats.
- Perugia: You are offered a selection of restaurants on your Dine-Around Evening. Choose your own ambience, cuisine and drinks for an intimate culinary experience.
- Tuscany: Nestled in the rolling hills surrounding Sam Gimignano and surrounded by its own vineyards, olive groves, saffron crop and orchards, is the homely Il Vecchio Maneggio. Admire the beautiful views as you enjoy a drink before sitting down to your Celebration Dinner – a delicious Farm-to-Table experience, with all the organic produce sourced from the surrounding farm.
- Dining Summary: 8 Breakfast (B), 4 Dinner with Wine (DW), 1 Lunch with Wine (LW)
- Siena: Choose between visiting the medieval Siena Cathedral with your Local Expert or alternatively, sample panforte, a traditional Tuscan dessert.
- Vatican City: Gain VIP access into the Vatican Museums and admire the famous Bramante Staircase. Witness the genius of Michelangelo in the Sistine Chapel and view the splendid dome of St. Peter’s Basilica.
Make Travel Matter
- Perugia: Meet Marta, recipient of a TreadRight Foundation grant, to learn how she and her weavers are preserving the ancient craft of loom-weaving at their artisan workshop and offering employment opportunities for local women. Laboratorio Guidetta Brozzetti advances SDG 5: Gender Equality. The workshop is owned by women and actively empowers women and girls through its education and training programs. Laboratorio Giuditta Brozzetti also advances SDG 11: Sustainable Cities & Communities. Marta, and her students help to safeguard the unique patterns while contributing to the protection of Umbria’s cultural heritage.
Top Rated Highlights
- Rome: During your orientation with you Travel Director see the medieval buildings, including Renaissance palaces and Baroque churches, scattered throughout the city.
- Orvieto: During your orientation of this Umbrian hilltop town with your Travel Director, visit Piazza del Duomo to admire the cathedral.
- Perugia: Led by your Local Expert, your orientation will explore the Old Town and show you Priors’ Palace, Collegio del Cambio, the cathedral, the Great Fountain and main square.
- Assisi: With a Local Expert, find out why the Basilica of St. Francis is considered one of the crowning achievements of Europe.
- San Gimignano: Visit the medieval Manhattan of Italy!
- Florence: Join a Local Expert to view the multi-coloured marble cathedral, bell tower and baptistery, adorned by Ghiberti’s Gates of Paradise. Visit the political heart of the city, Signoria Square. See the area around Santa Croce Basilica, famous for the quality of its luxury goods.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport
Welcome to Rome
Sistine Chapel, Cooking in Orvieto and on to Perugia
Perugia Sightseeing & Free Time
Assisi, in Search of St. Francis
Tuscany to Cortona, Siena and San Gimignano
San Gimignano sightseeing and Free Time
Florence and Tuscan Countryside Experience
Country drive to Ancient Rome